Sunday, May 22, 2011

Is living a Gluten Free - Sugar Free lifestyle the secret to keeping weight off FOREVER??

SO I have been doing  alot of research lately about living gluten and sugar free and I am so intrigued.  Now I know what you are thinking gluten free?  So I have to cut out all flours, pasta, etc. and replace them with things like brown rice pasta and flour, sorghum flour, buckwheat flour, quinoa, etc.  Well like I said to my mom and sister if we keep doing the same things we have always done we are going to keep getting the results we have always gotten.  So the other day I came across this blog featuring this unique lifestyle and I am so impressed with the Blog Author Amy.  Her story is inspiring and I am no doctor but I can totally see how she felt and how this could work.  She says whenever she ate sugar or gluten she wanted more and more.  This same thing happens to me too.  This has made me think a lot about this Gluten Free - Sugar Free Lifestyle.  I think its genius.  Now me being the picky eater-  cautious to try new things- am a little worried about the Gluten Free part since gluten is in practically everything.  But I really think at least cutting out the sugar and trying to lead my family towards a mostly gluten  free diet will be good for all of us.  I am not going to be fanatic about it  especially since we can't always control if there is gluten or sugar in recipes for example when we are on vacation or eating at a friends house.  However I am going to start to try gluten free baking/cooking and incorporate the recipes more into my families life and eventually switch over all together if I am seeing a positive change in our bodies and overall selfs.  I plan on starting with Almond Flour that doesn't sound too strange to me, like the recipes found in:  EAT FREE: No Sugar. No Gluten. No Guilt.   From what I can tell Rhiannon the author uses Almond Flour in her recipes.  Then after that I plan on branching out and trying other gluten free flours like Amy uses in her new cookbook:  Simply Sugar and Gluten Free.  I want this one too!!! 

Here is the link to her blog, if you struggle with maintaining your weight I definitely recommend you to read her story, very inspiring.  Simply Sugar and Gluten Free

(note:  I haven't tried any recipes yet, I need to get all the hard to find ingredients and stock up my pantry first, however I will let you know how they are as soon as I do.  The ingredients sound a little weird but they look yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment