Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fudgy Chewy Almond Brownies


Brownies have to be one of my absolute favorite treats.  The other day my 2 cousins Christina and Kaye were over and I was telling them about some of the recipes I have tried.  Kaye totally made fun of me when I said, "You can not make brownies Healthy!!!"  She was like - "DUh!!!"  I guess thats why I love them.  Anyway.  Well, with all the love in my heart, I am telling you Kaye...."In your face cuz!"" :)  I have come up with a healthier brownie that is chewy and fudgy- the way a brownie should be!! These are a bit different taste than regular brownies because they are made from almond flour and agave not white flour and refined sugar.  But, they are good!! They aren't cake-like like all the healthier recipes I have tried for brownies.  Cakelike Brownies are NOT brownies!!!! Its Chocolate Cake!!!!  And I dont want chocolate cake peeps!! I want brownies... hahaha!! Never mess with a chubby girl and her brownies. :) Just kidding!! So here is a healthier recipe for chewy fudgy brownies... NOT CAKE-LIKE!!!

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
1 egg
2-2 1/2 T agave
1 1/2 tsps. vanilla
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (60% cacao or higher- if using ghiradelli cut each chip in half)

Note: Use an 8 1/2 x6 1/2 glass rectangle pan.

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl (add chips after combining both bowls).  Combine wet ingredients in a second bowl. Combine wet and dry ingredients thoroughly mixing.  Add chips.  Spray pan with non stick spray.  Evenly spread mixture.  Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.  Don't burn yourself but these are best eaten warm out of oven. :) yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment