Saturday, July 16, 2011

Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!


OH my!!! These are so yummy I don't miss the gluten one bit and I love that they are jam packed with protein!!  This is also the first recipe I have come across that doesnt have refined sugar and is still a chewy but soft cookie!  (from my experiments thus far all of my refined sugar free cookies have come out cakey) But not these!!! Yummy!!! This is definitely a recipe you are going to want to keep around.  So order your almond flour soon!!!  I ordered mine through vitacost and am so impressed with how fast it came: I ordered it Wednesday night and it came Friday morning.  Now thats what I call service!! They didnt have the Honeyville Almond Flour (the brand most bakers recommend, but I was happy with the results of the one they had, but cant compare the 2 because I still havent tried Honeyville's).  I also ordered my coconut oil with vitacost as well. (havent tried the great TT brand yet but am very happy with Nutiva's).  

So here's what you are waiting for.....the recipe:

Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:  

1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 T coconut oil
2 T organic blue agave
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup ghiradelli or guittard 60% or more cacao chocolate chips (cut each chip in half if using ghiradelli)

Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Take 2 bowls mix all the dry ingredients (except chips) in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in one bowl. Then combine both bowls thoroughly dont worry about overstirring!! Then add the chocolate chips.  Take about a teaspoon size of dough and make a circle make sure its somewhat flat about 1/4 inch thick.  Bake for 7-8 minutes (slight golden brown edges). Makes 20-25 small cookies.  Let cool if you can resist for at least 10 minutes.  

I got this recipe from:  http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/01/19/the-most-adorable-little-healthy-chocolate-chip-cookies-ever/ she has some really yummy looking recipes!!
(what I did to make a bit healthier is I used dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and used coconut oil instead of canola oil. )

No comments:

Post a Comment